Welcome to Riders Anonymous

Riders Anonymous is a Surf, Snow, Skate Blog that showcases the talents of various photographers and writers from around the country. Each contributor is personally invited to join for their skills and also to represent the area in which they live. You can leave comments on there posts to talk about their stories and photos.

We encourage all contributions and they may be sent to matariki@hotmail.co.nz

A Sea Lovers Wedding


Back in November I was invited to my sisters wedding. Sweet I thought at Porangahau Beach in the Hawkes Bay. Porangahau means strong wind, and from what I knew of the place it got the odd wave but nothing special. The guys I stayed with said they fished there but never had waves. The wedding was at 5am so we were up at 330 and I was too keen on putting the board on the roof at that hour, knowing what I did. (never leave your boards kids!)


As I pulled into the csr park my mouth dropped the sun wasn't up but the light was good and the surf was ranging 3-5 feet and pumping. Spitting Barrells straight out in front and not a surfer in sight. Tears weeped down my face.

No comments: